Thursday, February 21, 2019

inner appeal, outer appeal.. writing life



My winter cycle of “The Project currently” is done, and the gedavis.com website links primarily to new material.

At last, I have an introductory coherence of The Project that I’ve sought for over a year. And at last, I have the linkage between the two websites that I intended over a year ago.


remnants of deleted recent update notes

Feb. 16: ….The last Area sketch to do for gedavis.com… is supposed to be short, but is difficult because I need to avoid getting immersed in so much material that I have available, as in: I could easily write the long chapter, if I took the time, but doing it briefly and fairly is more difficult, like: A sketch artist must be very focused, to get a depiction right quickly…. Then, I’ll be free again to leave the ground.

Feb. 9:… Of course, all of The Project is a course of coursing on.

Feb. 2: …The Project’s “speculative pleasure” expresses a synergy of ultimate Openness.

… I need to complete a baseline sense of The Project that I can presume, as I get weird with new things: “See?: I’m also well-grounded, as well as hermetically flighty. I have a good sense of the distance—the ‘as well as’.” Whatever.

The entire January and early February set of proems and discursive compression is preface for moving on, into what I really want to do: play deeply with others’ lovely works.

Not to be portentous or pretentious, but I’m merrily beginning.